5 Unexpected Uses for Aloe this Summer ☀️
The temperature is starting to rise across the globe and that can only mean one thing: it’s time for new beauty solutions to the issues this new season brings about.
Aloe is one of the most cooling items to use, and I’m sure in this post, you’ll have discovered at least one (if not more) new ways to use it this season! Specifically, I used Banana Boat’s Aloe Soothing Gel in all of these.
1. Makeup Remover: Pure oil makeup removers may not be the best route this season. You’ll want something light, cooling, and effective. That’s why mixing a bit of aloe with a lighter oil like coconut oil, and a bit of honey is the perfect solution.
2. Reduce Undereye Puffiness/Dark Rings: With all those late-nighters we pull during the summer season, we’re bound to deal with a few under-eye issues. Luckily, applying a drop or two of aloe gel under the eyes in the morning can help revive you!
3. After-Wax cooling relief: After waxing, skin tends to be a little irritated. It’s important to apply something cooling to reduce the irritation or redness, and aloe gel serves as the perfect solution!
4. Hand Sanitizer: If you are choosing to go out (safely) during this time, it’s important to carry hand sanitizer with you at all times. If you’re having difficulty getting your hands on some, try making one from home with the following ingredients: rubbing alcohol, aloe gel, and an essential oil like tea tree oil.
5. Mosquito/bug bite treatment: I’ve tried so many different creams on my mosquito bites to get rid of the itchiness and reduce the swelling, and the only thing that really seems to work for me is something as gentle as aloe or aloe gel. It’s a no brainer, really!
Hope these were helpful! I’m sure a few of these will come in handy :)