Bought for the looks, stayed for the glow! 🍉
First off I must admit I bought this mask because of how pretty it was. But after giving it a few tries, using it as a sleeping mask and a wash-off mask, I fell in love! Now that I am almost done with this jar and is contemplating if I want to buy a new one, here is my experience using it as a wash-off mask.
👀The Basics 👀
Packaging - Elegant and heavy glass jar. Very shelfie-worthy but surprisingly sturdy! I accidentally dropped it once (don’t try it) and it survived.
Expiration - I actually DMed them to clarify how long it is good for after opening and the official response is 18 months!
Smell - it smells like an in-between of watermelon candy and freshly squeezed watermelon juice
Ingredient callout -
🍉Watermelon Extract: Hydrates, delivers essential vitamins, and contains anti-inflammatory properties to soothe irritation.
💦 Hyaluronic Acid: Hydrates skin by holding up to 1,000 times its weight in moisture.
🌟AHA: A blend of lactic acid (derived from plants) and glycolic acid that gently exfoliates and hydrates to reveal smoother, brighter skin over time by removing dead surface skin cells.
🌱Peony Root: Brightens and soothes skin.
‼️This product is not fragrance-free, but it is last on its ingredient list which means it is very low in concentration
✨The Glow Experience ✨
♨Steaming (optional) - I recently got a facial steamer, might do a review on it after I use it for a few more times. I steamed my dry, clean face for about 6 minutes to increase blood circulation and relax my pores.
🤚Application - PAT, DON’T RUB. That is my main takeaway. Due to the unique gel-like texture, patting with my fingers is my preferred method of getting an even layer.
🍉Sensation - It feels immediately very cooling on the skin. Even though I has AHA in it, it does not tingle at all.
⏱Check-ins: I am using this as a wash-off mask.
- Before - my face was feeling a bit dull and dry
- Freshly applied: the mask is very liquid at first but it quick sets in place into a gel-film-like texture. It will not slip off and I am able to move around freely
- 20 min: About 40% of the product has been absorbed
- 45 min: About 80% of the product has been absorbed and my face feels BABY SOFT
- Wash off - the wash off process can be tricky because it becomes very slippery when I first apply water to it. I take this chance to manage my face bit before using more water to thoroughly wash it off. Without applying any skincare after I pat dry my face, I notice the decrease in redness around my nose and cheeks and the restored GLOW to my face. I also notice the next day that I wake up with more supple and glow skin.
I believe this mask is the perfect combination of function and aesthetics. The packaging, scent, and application makes it a very enjoyable experience and the results are noticeable but gentle. For me, it is worth the splurge.