Eco-Friendly Makeup Refill System from The Organic Skin Co. Explained!
Hey there! Since partnering with The Organic Skin Co. for this month’s tester bag, we’ve been SO interested in their innovative and eco-friendly beauty products. They have a pod refill system that saves trees and plastic and money, too - but like any shopping experience, it can be a little daunting to get started. That’s why, to help everyone understand exactly what’s available from TOSC, we broke down what we think you need to know In 5 helpful slides right here on PrismPop.
✨ Quick note - TOSC has a whole line of skincare that this makeup complements! 💕
SLIDE 2 - REFILLABLE PALETTE OVERVIEW
- 4-pan with pods $87.50
- 8-pan with pods $163
- 3 different colors of palettes: Blush (light pink), Stone (off-white), and Charcoal (grey-black)
- Buy a palette with pods bundled to save money! Great if you’re committing to 4 or more products.
~ Here’s where it gets a little confusing, at least for me. If you’re purchasing individual products that can stand alone without the palette, they come in “Pots.”
~ The refills that you pop into palettes and pots are called “Pods.”
~ Pots or Pods are considered the two different “sizes” for these products to make it easier to decide which you want to purchase for your own refillable system.
Sizes on the site are broken into either;
- Pod refills, or
- Individual Pots (Refillable or Non-Refillable)
Pod refills are minimally packaged and priced lower to reflect that.
6 different TOSC products are available in pod refills.
$20 for .08 oz Pod Refills
- Blush & Lip (7 colors)
- Cream Eyeshadow (8 colors)
- Luminizer (2 colors)
- Concealer (8 shades)
$21 for .14 oz Pod Refills
- Pressed Eyeshadow (10 colors)
$33 for .35 oz Pod Refills
- Pressed Powder (4 shades)
The pressed powder actually comes in its own refillable compact, shown at the bottom of Slide 2
Refillable compact + pressed powder together is $60.
These are the individual pots that might get you started on your refillable makeup journey.
- Cheeky Lips - Blush & Lip: $40 for .08 oz in Refillable Pot
- Meet the Press - Pressed Eyeshadow: $38 for .14 oz in Refillable Pot
- The Eyes Have It - Cream Eyeshadow: $38 for .08 oz in Refillable Pot
How to refill? Check the how-to graphic on Slide 2. You use a bobby pin or similar to pop the pod out of the pot. This should mean no weak magnets dropping precious pods on the floor! If you’ve ever dropped a palette, let us know in the comments!
- Concealer - $44 for .17 oz in Non-Refillable Pot
- Illuminizer - $39 for .17 oz in Non-Refillable Pot
SLIDE 3 - NON-REFILLABLE POT PRODUCTS
These 2 products are also available separately as pod refills at $20 for .08 oz size, which does fit the palettes, but not the refillable pots.
✨ Side note, I just wanna take a moment to appreciate the models in TOSC’s images. They’re just all so beautiful and unique ❤️ SLIDE 3 - NON-REFILLABLE POT PRODUCTS
Also available in Refill Pods for $20.
“In the Spotlight” Luminizer Shades:
- LUNAR – Translucent, satin-pearl finish of shimmery whites
- ROSE GOLD – Translucent, satin-pearl finish of flattering rose-gold tones
“Hide And Seek” Concealer Shades:
- PORCELAIN – Neutral tone, suitable for very fair, or alabaster skin tones
- ROSE SAND – Has slightly cool undertones, suitable for fair skin tones
- SOFT HONEY – Has warm undertones that is ideal for light to medium skin tones
- ROSE BEIGE – Has slightly cool undertones that is ideal for medium skin tones
- CARAMEL – Has warm undertones that is ideal for medium skin tones
- SWEET AMBER – Has golden undertones that is ideal for medium to dark skin tones
- CINNAMON – Medium dark shade suitable for mid to dark skin. Can be used for contouring.
- SCULPT – Deep brown shade suitable for warmer, mid to dark skin. Can be used for contouring.
SLIDE 4 - (SOME) REFILLABLE POT PRODUCTS
~ I put a bag next to the shades that might show up in your PrismPop tester bag! 🙌
“Cheeky Lips” Blush & Lip Shades
- 🛍 Velvet
- Lush (pictured on the model top right)
- 🛍 Spice
- Petal Power
- First Blush
- 🛍 Desert Storm
“The Eyes Have It” Cream Eyeshadow Shades
- DAY DREAMER – A classic, warm chocolate brown in matte finish
- MISTY – A soft matte pink, nude with cool stone undertones.
- ICONIC – A classic black, as dark as a matte black can be.
- HIGHLIGHTS – A stunning spun-gold with flickers of vibrant bronze
- DEEP PURPLE – An iconic berry-dark purple, with flicks of subtle shimmer.
- SILK PURSE – A pretty, shimmery, raspberry pink
- 🛍 SILHOUETTE – A cool, sophisticated mid-toned grey, with a subtle shimmer.
- 🛍 GREENSTONE – A true forest green in mid-shade, with a hint of shimmer. (On the model bottom left)
- COCOA – A classic deep, dark, rich matte-brown.
- COTTON CANDY – A glowing, pearlized lemon-gold, with a fine shimmer.
"Meet the Press” Pressed Eyeshadow (Not Pictured)
I won't list them since you can't see them, but TOSC has 10 different shades of pressed powder eyeshadow pods for people who prefer that!
SLIDE 5 - OTHER MAKEUP!
I was so excited about the refill system but that’s not all the makeup TOSC has to offer!
Here’s a quick rundown of the other products that caught my eye…
FACE - Primer & Liquid Foundation
"Primp n' Prime" Primer Shades
$55 for 1.7 fl oz
- Same shades as Luminizer
"Fresh Canvas" Liquid Foundation Shades
$56 for 1.0 fl oz
- Same shades as Concealer
EYES - Mascara & Liquid Liner
"Black Lash" Mascara
$40 for 0.4 fl oz
- Only comes in black ♣️
"Draw The Line" Eyeliner Shades
$34 for 0.3 fl oz
LIPS - LIPSTICK & LIP GLOSS
And finally, in addition to their Cheeky Lip Blush, TOSC has two more all-natural lip products in their lineup.
"All About The Gloss" Lip Gloss Shades
$30 for .3 fl. oz
- BAREFOOT – bronze-gold with full shimmer
- MEADOW - light, tawny pink
- MIST - semi-sheer, pinky-grape
- STAR BUST - champagne-tinged, clear sparkle
"Lip Service" Lipstick Shades
$35 for .14 oz
- 🛍 GALAXY
- RUBY RED
- SPICE BAZAAR
- STAR DUST
- 🛍 SUMMER SANDS
These are only to get you started - check theorganicskinco.com for current prices and selection 😏
💁♀️ AND, I highly encourage you to do your own digging on The Organic Skin Co. as a brand. They are committed to sustainable business and earth-friendly practices, from employing small towns in India to planting a tree for every purchase made. They are the real deal and even warn against greenwashing in their FAQ! 😲
Anyways! Now that you’ve had a full breakdown of some of the hottest makeup available from The Organic Skin Co., what would you wanna try?
Thanks for reading, happy testing, testers!