Recreating Madison Beer’s Spotify Best New Artist 2019
Hey everyone! I was recently inspired by a reddit post by a makeup artist who recreated Madison Beer’s graphic eyeliner look at the 2019 Spotify ‘Best New Artist’ Event. She did a great job at recreating the look, and with all this free time on my hands, I decided to give it a shot as well!
This look features a clean graphic liner, a nude lip, and uses no eyeshadow!
The trickiest part of the look for me was working with my hooded eyes. For my fellow hooded eye friends, here’s what worked for me (although do take my advice with your own discretion as it may not work for all hooded eyes - some are more hooded than others):
1. Open your eye first to see where your fold naturally is.
2. Sketch out the liner first with your eyes OPEN.
3. Once you get the outline settled, then you can close your eyes and continue.
Thankfully the liner is a bit thick so you do not have to be very detailed with a thin line, and if you mess up, you can wipe it off with a q tip or cover with concealer!
Madison Beer’s Products vs Mine:
- Stila Cosmetics Black Liner ($22) vs Elf Expert Liquid Liner ($3)
- Benefit Roller Lash ($25) vs Etude House Curl Fix ($12)
- Chantecaille Future Skin ($78) vs. Dior Forever Skin ($52)
- KKW Beauty Creme Contour ‘Medium’ ($32) vs. Profusion Contour Palette ($20)
*She also used Laneige Lip Mask ($22), which I also have and used.
Other products I used:
Benefit Precisely My Brow Eyebrow Pencil
Burt’s Bee’s Blush in Bare Peach
ColourPop Ultra Blotted Lip - Zuma
ColourPop So Juicy Lip Gloss
ColourPop Pressed Powder Highlighter
This look is super fun to wear! I love how simple everything else is in comparison to the liner so that the graphic liner can really take front stage. I was happy to focus on liner without worrying about eyeshadow :) I challenge you to try a graphic eyeliner look, whether it’s this one or anything else! It’s fun to play with the shape and design of the eyeliner. Let me know what you think of this look or other graphic eyeliner looks that you’d like to recreate! :)